Careers & Internships
Careers at Abilis
At Abilis, we realize staff are our greatest resource. Our goal is to provide support and resources to help drive positive results across our organization. Abilis Human Resources coaches and counsels staff to enhance individual career objectives and promote a healthy and productive organizational culture.
We thank you for considering a career at Abilis. You will find there are many exciting opportunities to work for people of all ages. We are continually seeking people committed to our mission, vision and values.
We support equality for and advancement of all people, based on their qualifications and actions alone, without regard to color, gender, age, religion, national origin or disability.
Our employees’ expertise, skills and accomplishments are the most important factor in our continued growth and success. It is Abilis’ objective to provide an environment of mutual trust and respect to allow employees to attain personal satisfaction and contribute to our participants’ growth toward independence.
Abilis offers an array of excellent benefits that reflect our commitment to our employees.
For ALL full-time employees:
- Pleasant working environments
- Extensive new employee orientation
- Frequent seminars/in-service education opportunities for professional development
- Tuition reimbursement (up to $3,000 tuition reimbursement per year, beginning from the first day of employment for employees enrolled in college-level courses)
- Excellent medical and dental insurance. Currently Abilis pays 80% of either family or single plan premiums; employee is responsible for 20% of the cost of the plans.
- Vision insurance (100% paid by Abilis)
- Short & Long term disability benefits (Premiums are 100% paid by Abilis)
- Life Insurance, equal to two-times annual salary as well as accidental death and dismemberment insurance (Premium paid by Abilis)
- Optional life insurance for employees and their dependents (Premium paid by employee)
- Contribution toward retirement benefits (Abilis currently pays 6% of every employees’ annual salary according to a vesting schedule)
- Opportunity for employee to contribute to 125 Cafeteria Plan/Flexible Spending Account for health and child care expenses
- Vacation cash-in
- Generous paid time off including sick, personal, vacation and floating holidays
- Employee assistance program
- Opportunities for promotion, transfer and advancement
- Option for electronic deposit of paycheck
- Other benefits, including worker’s compensation, unemployment insurance, and family medical leave
- Frequent recognition of outstanding staff efforts
- Regular staff events and parties
Print our online Application. Please fill out and send with Resume to:
50 Glenville Street
Greenwich, CT 06831
* Qualifications for eligibility for Abilis' benefits vary and are described in each plan’s description of benefits that are provided to each employee.
Requires Adobe Acrobat reader.
The Abilis Internship Program
The Abilis Internship Program will advance Abilis’ vision and mission through collaboration with the academic community in bringing research to practice and offering interesting and enriching experiences for interns in their fields of interest.
Benefits of an Abilis Internship:
- Learn valuable new skills for career development
- Enhance academic learning through exposure to on the job experiences
- Gain experience and insight through work with experienced professionals from a variety of disciplines
- Participate in meaningful and challenging projects that benefit others
- Benefit from numerous networking opportunities
- Study, improve and implement the most promising practices in the field
Effective Assignments - Appropriate Supervision
Abilis Internship Opportunities:
Abilis provides opportunities for internships in the following areas:
- Special education
- Social work
- Information Technology
- Human Resources
- Administration and Leadership
- Speech, Physical, and Occupational Therapy
- Therapeutic Recreation
- Communications and External Relations
- Fundraising and Grant Writing
Abilis’ Internship Program offers interns valuable experience through:
- Mutually agreed upon learning objectives that are measurable and obtainable based on individual goals and interests
- Consistent support and supervision from Abilis’ mentor staff
- Rewarding and interesting projects related to individual interests and fields of study
For more information about jobs, careers or internships contact:
Abilis is an Equal Opportunity Employer.